As a congregation we focus on God's love at work in the living Christ in out midst. Worship remains the center of our life together as we come to express our thanks and praise to God and as we go out empowered ans inspired to respond in loving service in our everyday lives. We strive to grow in our faith and work together to meet the challenges set before us. We are committed to active programs for youth of all ages and are excited to fill our Church with worship, music, education and service opportunities. We believe we are called together to participate in Gods redeeming work in the world.
Second Congregational Church
Our Church was established in August 1836 with 51 mombers. The present Church building was completed and dedicated in 1875. The Ladies Aid Society (later called Dorcas Society) raised money to provide the initial interior furnishings.
The first pastor was Rev. David R. Gilman and the 46th Pastor, is Rev. Barbara Kershner, Interim Minister.